We had the opportunity to speak to former GB athlete Joe Fuggle. This audio blog delves into a number of questions. Joe gives us his perspective on what it means to be a leader, well-being, mental health, start-ups, and some useful tips for young leaders. We loved chatting to Joe!
Joe’s journey includes becoming a young elite athlete and then going on to set up his own business whilst at university. He founded the theatheleteplace.com helping parents and athletes get through the difficult times of an athlete’s journey. Joe kindly spoke about his own struggles with mental health and really inspires us to embrace change and personal well-being.
Questions we asked Joe!
- What motivated you to start your own business?
- What is your understanding of being a future leader and being conscious?
- How can we balance running a sustainable, financially viable business with being conscious of our communities and environment?
- What advice would you give to the younger generation looking to start their own business venture?
- Why do you think it has taken so long for corporations to take well-being seriously?
- How do you incorporate mindful practice into your own business and your working day?
- How can you draw from your own experience to inspire others to take mental health seriously?